Learn the simple steps before using a jet wash cleaner in cleaning your patio and numerous important tips and reminders to keep in mind when using it.
Having a patio right outside your doorstep is a great addition to have in your property. Patios are a good place to relax on your front yard while sitting on your outdoor furniture and enjoying the breeze outside. It’s also a perfect place to have a party with your family and friends such as birthdays, anniversaries, or simply casual weekend hangouts.
However, patios can give you a tough time when it comes to cleaning it. The most common things that are hard to remove from patios are lichen, algae, and moss. Those things are very time consuming and difficult to eradicate with just manual scrubbing. The fastest and best way to clean your patio is with the use of a jet wash patio cleaner.
Read article: Best Jet Washer 2019 Reviews & Guides
Before doing so, there are steps and tips to remember.
Simple Steps To Do Before Using A Jet Wash Patio Cleaner
Set Aside Everything
It is very inconvenient to clean you patio with obstructions around. So first of all, clear your patio first by clearing it from all furniture, pots, ornaments and other things that you place on the patio.
Clear The Patio from Debris
Remove all dirt and debris on the patio such as leaves, dirt, and mud particles using a broom or a vacuum cleaner. This debris can also be considered as obstructions when cleaning using a jet wash cleaner.
Connect your hose
Connect it with the patio cleaner and make sure that water is flowing efficiently. It is highly recommended that your hose should be at least half an inch thick and 7.5m in length. And if it’s a hose reel you’re using, make sure it is still in good condition free from kinks and wounds for efficient flow of water.
Power up the cleaner
Connect the jet wash cleaner to your electricity’s main supply, and then turn on its power to start pressurizing it. Then you can start cleaning your patio afterwards. However, there are several other power sources for jet wash cleaners, but those that use electricity are recommended for home use.
Tips to remember when using a jet wash patio cleaner
- To make it removing dirt on your patio easier, you can use a detergent before you start using the cleaner by applying it on the patio’s surface. Detergents can help soften the toughness of hard-to-remove dirt. Some of them can even reduce future build-up of dirt and protect your patio from possible hazards outside. Choose those detergents that are appropriate to use with the kind of material your patio is made of– the most common are for wood material and stone material.
- Choose a jet wash patio cleaner that has a powerful nozzle. But be careful not to focus it on one spot for too long as it can damage the patio’s surface. These types of nozzles are capable of removing the toughest dirt such as moss and algae. Remember to wear safety goggles when using powerful nozzles, debris may bounce upwards and land on your eyes.
- Moss and algae are the most common dirt that’ll grow on a patio. Using a jet wash cleaner can roughen your patio’s surface, which can potentially invite the growth of more moss and algae in the future. That is why using a fungicide detergent is highly recommended. This detergent can efficiently kill moss and algae, thus preventing their regrowth.
- You’ll mostly likely remove the sand particles in between the joints of the patio when using a jet wash cleaner, which is fine. However weeds can grow in between the patio’s joints. To counteract this possibility, replace it with patio joint fillers or even simple sand.
- Your patio might have sustained small and large cracks over the years. These cracks allow water from the cleaner to enter the patio’s concrete and could possibly erode it. Therefore, patch those cracks first with concrete patching products before cleaning your patio with a jet wash cleaner.
- After washing your patio with a jet wash cleaner, let it dry completely, and apply seal on it afterwards. A seal can preserve your cleaning efforts on your patio for a long period of time, protect it from erosions, make it resistant to stain and dirt, and beautify it even more.
Cleaning your patio is not as hard as it sounds if you use a jet wash cleaner. So if you’re interested in purchasing one, make sure to educate yourself first on how to choose the best jet wash cleaner and enjoy its wonders.